Spring Semester: The Second Act



At the beginning of this semester, I wrote a blog about all the fun I had last spring and how I was hoping this semester could live up to it. While this spring was filled with a whirlwind of emotions, I still managed to have some fun times in the 45810. Here are some of the memorable moments that I won't be forgetting about anytime soon!


The first weekend back to campus the women's soccer team held our annual “fancy party,” which is our form of formal. No dates, just teammates. It was honestly so fun getting to see everyone all dressed up and hanging out with just the team because we don’t get to do that very often. Even though I have a ton of other dresses in my closet, I went out dress shopping because I have an unhealthy shopping addiction. While shopping, I told myself I wasn’t buying another black dress. I tried on every dress in the freaking mall and what did I walk out with? A black dress. Oh well! My closet was THE place to go for girls who didn’t want to go out and buy another dress. In total, five of my dresses were worn that night. We even got a picture together because it was so comical. 


While we’re beasts on the field, you better watch out for us on the court as well because the Ohio Northern Women’s soccer team tore up the intramural basketball scene this winter. Previously our records have been quite embarrassing but this season was a complete 180. We set a program record in the win column and made it the farthest we ever had in the tournament, making it to the second round before losing a close game to the men’s soccer team. This season was just the preview, next year everyone better watch out! 


Although my weeks were filled with school and other important things, my weekends were quite the opposite. Friday nights were designated Cask Room karaoke nights, and even though I couldn't enjoy a drink with my senior friends, it was still so much fun watching everyone sing together. I even got up there once or twice which was really out of my comfort zone. And like clockwork, my friends and I always ended the night walking through the McDonald’s drive-through, ordering food before they closed. My weekends were filled with adventures and memories I’ll never forget and I’m so thankful for that. 


Obviously, there would be no spring semester without spring soccer! At the beginning of this season, I was a little nervous to come back. I had taken some time off to really focus on my schoolwork so I didn’t know how I would perform. There were many ups and downs throughout it all but ending the season with player-led practices really put the cherry on top. It was so nice to be out with my teammates again, kicking the ball around and enjoying each other's company, even if it was in a torrential downpour.


While this spring wasn’t always sunshine and rainbows, it allowed me time and space to grow as a person. I learned a lot of life lessons, met some awesome new people, and managed to enjoy the little things this semester granted me. I can’t believe it’s already time to leave again but happy summer everyone! Thank you for following along on this crazy journey with me this spring! 



Comments

  1. All of that seems like so much fun!! I hope you also have an awesome summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had an awesome spring semester! I hope you have a fun summer and an even better semester next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! This is such a cute wrap up blog. It seems like you did a ton of fun things this semester! You made a bunch of good memories, include the intramural basketball tournament! That was awesome to read. I have gone to a couple games and they always look so fun! Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that I got to meet you and get close this semester! I'll have to come visit when I'm up in Columbus this summer. Sounds like a really great semester full of a lot of fun memories and moments!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Run It Back: Spring Semester Part 2

Women in Business Conference in Columbus