Run It Back: Spring Semester Part 2

     The Fall is personally my favorite season; I’m in season for soccer, college football is starting up, everyone is back at school and the weather is just cool enough to wear a light jacket. The Fall will always be my favorite. However, after last year there is a little part of me that enjoys the Spring. 


    Coming back to a frozen-over Ada, Ohio was not the ideal start to my second semester of college. Honestly, I don’t think it was anyone's. No part of me wanted to get out of my warm bed to hike across the Tundra for a 9 A.M. Genetics class that had nothing to do with my major. I thought to myself, “This semester is going to suck.” Luckily enough, I was sorely mistaken. 


    Being a Fall athlete I never got to really experience what it was like to be a college student when I first got here; my life was class, practice, bed, repeat. Never went to any school events, sporting events, or other gatherings… I was consumed by school and soccer. But with my newfound time, I was able to attend things like SPC’s Polar Bear stuffing and music concerts. I was enjoying this new part of my life. 


    Spring soccer began in March and with a new coach, I was initially nervous. I had taken some time off and hadn’t really touched a soccer ball outside of a few Futsal trainings we had. "Season is going to be a disaster" I told myself. Until it wasn’t. The time I had taken off allowed me to come back with a new perspective of the game and enjoy what I did. Trainings were hard but my teammates were there to support me. It really was the reset I needed to fall back in love with my sport again. 


    The cherry on top of the semester was when I created my podcast “The Hot Seat” for my podcasting class. I never intended for it to turn into what it did. I had no clue what I was doing. I was just inviting some of my friends on and asking them random questions. I didn’t get much traction until my 5th episode when I had on a good friend and teammate of mine. It was a hilarious episode so I put a teaser out on my Instagram story. She was an instant hit. To this day that episode accounts for over half of my streams over 10 total episodes. After that people continued to tune in every week and more and more people were asking to be on. It was one of the most enjoyable things I’ve ever done and people continue to ask me if I’m bringing it back this year. 


    Going into this Spring semester things are pretty much the same. I’m taking time off of soccer, I’m finding joy in things outside of school and soccer and I still don’t want to hike across the Tundra for class at 9 A.M. However, a small part of me is worried that this semester won't live up to last Spring, but just because it isn’t the exact same doesn’t mean I still can’t enjoy it right? Maybe I’ll start the podcast up again, maybe I won’t, maybe I’ll even find a new love for the Tundra but one thing is for sure, this Spring I’m just gonna have fun.






Comments

  1. That is so awesome you got to work on a podcast for class. It seemed like you always enjoyed doing the episodes from the small clips you would post on Instagram. It is a really cool class overall and I am glad Ohio Northern has those opportunities. I am now definitely considering taking that class at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool that you have gotten into podcasting!! My friend and I have talked for months about starting a podcast, but we have been too nervous not knowing what to talk about LOL. But it seems like you felt the same way and clearly it worked out, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Semester: The Second Act

Lonely Hearts Dinner: A Single Person’s Guide to Valentine’s Day